1. Steady flow implies no change with respect to time.
2. A large number of engineering devices operate for long periods of time under the same conditions and they are classified as steady-flow devices.
3. In a steady flow process, in a control volume, the fluid properties can change from point to point but at any given fixed point the fluid properties remain the same during an entire process.
4. Examples of steady flow devices: turbines, pumps, boilers, condensers, refrigeration systems, hex, etc
5. Also, it is important that during steady flow, the mass and energy content of the control volume remains constant.